We went out for two hours yesterday and when we returned Bella wouldn’t move,
had a severely swollen hind right leg, was shivering, and very lethargic. Terry
carried her to the car and into the vet’s office. She had a 106 temp. She was
X-rayed, started on three different antibiotics, had blood drawn, and measures
to quickly reduce temp, IVs started. Today, her temp broke and is normal, she’s
walking, eating, doing her stuff, but that leg is still swollen and a puncture wound
was seen so it’s been diagnosed as a septic joint until we hear differently about
the lab work. She won’t be out of the woods until the infection/inflammation
clears. She’s in real good hands but with this we have our hands full.
And, my computer crapped out so I had to buy another one. The new one
is waiting arrival and info being transferred. Terry’s been gracious to lend
me his to do some catch up. I may be off line for a bit. Who knows how
long. Meanwhile, I’ll be thinking of all my great cyber friends and wishing
you happy days and peaceful nights.