This isn’t just about animal welfare but tolerance, seeing differences (beliefs) and also looking to see if there is room for change, for opening to something new. Rumpy’s mom tirelessly advocates for animals and for this, and all the other great things I’ve read she’s involved in, a heartfelt THANK YOU. This is really worth the read.
As humans, we each have beliefs about how things are supposed to be. Here’s some examples of ideas I’ve heard others share.
- dinner is to be served at 7 pm
- children must go to school bathed and in clean clothes
- adults must dress up for work to show they are committed and professional
- animals do not belong on the furniture
- my religion is the one “true” religion and all the rest of you are going to Hell
Now there is nothing wrong with each of these ideas…. except when we come across someone who doesn’t believe as we do. Then we must either re-think what we believe to be true, or write off the other person as wrong.
Challenging the belief systems of others is healthy, and the way we go about making positive change within our society.
Here are some other beliefs people have held (and some still do)…
View original post 394 more words